Friday, August 29, 2003

Update to the Great Kneeling Debate

I. Shawn McElhinney of Rerum Novarum has expressed concern about our being ahead of the curve in the Great Kneeling Debate. He is wise, but I do not agree with him. I only blog because swordplay is condemned by the Church and outlawed by the State. I've patiently sat through his rolling barrage and now, with the officers' whistles shrilling through the smoke, I'm busy hoisting my Maxim gun back onto the parapet. My reply will follow presently. For now, here's an updated table of contents for our joust:

Round One
SecretAgentMan's First Somewhat-Hyperventilating Blog on Kneeling and Communion
Rerum Novarum's Reply, Part I

Rerum Novarum's Reply, Part II

Rerum Novarum's Reply, Part III

Rerum Novarum's Reply, Part IV

Rerum Novarum's Reply, Part V
Round Two
SecretAgentMan's Essay on the Liceity/Legalism of Kneeling

SecretAgentMan's Essay on the Edification of Kneeling, Part I: Kneeling as Witness

SecretAgentMan's Essay on the Edification of Kneeling, Part II: Kneeling and Private Prayer

SecretAgentMan's Essay on the Edification of Kneeling, Part III: The Politics of Kneeling (NB: This part of the Essay has footnotes to sources used throughout the three parts of the "Edification" essay).
Round Three
SecretAgentMan vs. Rerum Novarum on Communion Posture and the Authority of Bishops, Book II, Part I

SecretAgentMan vs. Rerum Novarum on Communion Posture and the Authority of Bishops, Book II, Part II

SecretAgentMan vs. Rerum Novarum on Communion Posture and the Authority of Bishops, Book II, Part III

SecretAgentMan vs. Rerum Novarum on Communion Posture and the Authority of Bishops, Book II, Epilogue

No comments: