Monday, February 07, 2005

St. Blog Awards and Other Stuff

The nominations are in and voting will end on February 11, 2005. You can vote here. This blog has been nominated as "Most Insightful." There are helpful links to each blog nominated at the bottom of the page.

There's no word yet on whether John Allen will write a book on the nominating/voting process. According to his book on the other nominating/voting process (which I'm reading and will blog about presently), I'm primarily a "Border Patrol" Catholic with some strong "Salt-of-the-Earth" tendencies. Those are two of his three names for the factions that will shape the next conclave. The other faction is the "Reform" party that thinks Vatican II was really just an organizational pep-rally for Vatican III. Since I don't fancy the idea of a Council that would grant the entire membership of Call to Action peritus status, I don't have much in common with the Reform party.

For the readers who've emailed recently, I'm still working on "Notes on the Lumen Gentium Problem." It will probably take a few days more, given the press of work and other matters. My apologies and thanks for your patience.

No comments: