Friday, January 02, 2004

I'm a What??!!

According to the quiz at Beliefnet.com:
You are a traditionalist Catholic. You wish the church would revive the time-honored customs and strong institutional discipline that prevailed before the Second Vatican Council. Your favorite hymn is probably "Immaculate Mary," your favorite pope is Pius X, and your idea of a great Catholic movie is "The Bells of St. Mary's."
Well, close. I do wish the Church would revive the time-honored (and sacred, by the way) customs and strong institutional discipline that prevailed before Vatican II. But my favorite hymn is "Just a Closer Walk with Thee." "Immaculate Mary" is my second favorite, and my third favorite is "Long Live the Pope". My favorite Pope is Leo XIII and I'd just as soon watch Mortal Kombat III as the Bells of St. Mary's. My idea of a great Catholic movie includes The Mission, The Cardinal, Boys Town, Major Benson, Angels with Dirty Faces, Lillies of the Field, Joan of Arc (either Ingrid Bergman or Leelee Sobieski) and The Scarlet and the Black. Maybe that's why I only scored 84 out of 100 points, missing "You are a neo traditionalist Catholic" by four points.

No comments: